Becoming a mom is an overwhelming experience. Once your baby comes from the hospital, you need to do lots of tasks–finding time for yourself can be difficult. Moreover, there are tons of challenges you need to overcome. One day, you see yourself buying baby clothes in Malaysia, and then the following week you are having hard time putting your baby to sleep.
Now, how can you help your baby sleep? Soon, they will have their own pattern of sleeping and walking, but it can really be difficult in the beginning. Even you would be experience sleep deprivation.
How can you get the little used to evening and morning?
There is a way to teach the baby that evening is different from daytime. In fact, you can do it from the time she arrives at home. During the day, you can open the curtains and play games.
During the evening, you can do the following:
- Don’t change baby diapers, unless she needs it
- Don’t play games with the baby
- Keep all the lights low
- Keep your voice down, or don’t talk much
- As soon as she is changed and fed, put the baby down
Soon, she would know that the evening is for sleeping.
How to establish a good baby bedtime routine?
A baby bedtime routine is typically introduced around 3 months. Get them into a soothing, simple routine, to prevent tons of sleeping issues later on.
This bedtime routine can be composed of the following:
- Turning on a music mobile, or singing a lullaby once you have put your kid to bed
- Brushing her teeth
- Having a bath
- Changing a fresh nappy, and evening clothes
- Putting her to bed
- Reading bedtime stories
- Dimming the room lights to create a calm environment
- Giving a goodnight cuddle and kiss